Bobster's notes: Canadiens/Senators

Huet! Huet! Huet! Once again, Cristobal Huet was very good in nets and kept the Canadiens in the game during the first 30 minutes or so. The Habs were out shot 17 to 7 in the first period.

I am sorry, but it is time for Janne Niinimaa to go. He is currently at -6 and is projected to be -31 on the season. He simply can no longer compete at the NHL level. When he is on the ice, I expect him to take a bad penalty or give the puck away at least once. All I want for Christmas is a Dandenault or a Bouillon!

It is always fun to watch the Canadiens play in another Canadian city and hear the fans cheer the Habs just as loud (or as tonight, louder) than the actual home team. There were even some OLE-OLE chants!

The 3rd line played very well once again. Radek Bonk is a different player this year (guess the weight loss has helped) and Mike Johnson is a great addition so far.

I had my doubts about Saku Koivu and his vision. However, he has put my fears to rest with his impressive play about 1/5th in to the regular season. His assist tonight marks his 475th NHL point.

For a guy with a bad knee, Alex Kovalev can still turn on a dime. I would hate to be a slow/bumbling defenseman (like Niinimaa) and have Kovalev coming towards me one-on-one!

With the awaking of Guillaume Latendresse since his move to the first line, maybe the Canadiens now have a few more options for Christopher Higgins. Sure, Higgins has been a staple on the Koivu line. BUT, the second line is still not where it should be. Higgins might be the catalyst that Kovalev needs!?!